Assam Update: New SOPs issued
by NEWSNER , 2021-08-03 10:32:40
On Monday, the Assam government, led by Himanta Biswa Sarma, agreed to lift the blanket curfew in all districts of the state. On Monday, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma stated that inter-district travel will be allowed in Assam from August 16. Assam's government announced new Covid-19 rules and relaxed a number of limitations. Assam Chief Secretary Jishnu Barua issued an order stating that there will be no round-the-clock curfew in the state. While the entire state will be under a curfew from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m., Lakhimpur and Golaghat, two areas with a high positive rate, will be under a curfew from 2 p.m. to 5 a.m.
According to the government decree, all inter-district passenger transportation services and people movement to and from other districts would be suspended, although commodities movement will continue.
According to the new order, “all workplaces, businesses, commercial establishments, dine-in restaurants, hotels, resorts, dhabas and other eateries, takeaway services, sale counters, showrooms, of cold storages and warehouses will be allowed to operate until 1 pm in Golaghat and Lakhimpur districts and until 4 pm in the rest of the state will be allowed to operate until 1 pm in Golaghat and Lakhimpur districts and until 4 pm in the rest of the state will
The decree prohibits public gatherings of up to ten people for weddings and funerals.
The state government also stated that after August 7, it will consider reopening religious sites, as well as state-protected monuments and locations, based on the outcome of the Covid-19 caseload reduction.
The following are some of the details of the new SOP:
- In the State, there will be no 24-hour curfew. However, because the positive rate in two districts, Golaghat and Lakhimpur, has moderated, these districts would have a partial curfew from 2 PM to 5 AM, while the rest of the districts will have a curfew from 5 PM to 5 AM.
- All workplaces, business/commercial establishments, dine-in restaurants, hotels, resorts, dhabas and other eateries, the takeaway of food items from restaurants/dhabas and other eateries, the opening of sale counters, showrooms, etc. of cold storages and warehouses will be open until 1 p.m. in Golaghat and Lakhimpur districts, and until 4 p.m. in the rest of the districts. The shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder will be open up to 5 PM in Golaghat and Lakhimpur districts and up to 4 PM in the rest of the districts. 1. All inter-district passenger transportation and people moving to and from other districts will be suspended. However, commodities will continue to move.
- All public transportation authorities must implement COVID-19 proper conduct and seating inside vehicles, transporters, and containers, among other things.
- For a wedding or burial service, a public gathering of up to ten people is permitted.
- In all public areas, wearing a face mask is required.
- In all districts, the excise authorities would take severe action against unlawful manufacturing and distribution of country liquor.
- Further, restrictions on inter-district passenger transportation services and movement of people to and from other districts, need-based conduct of offline classes in some premier institutions, re-opening of religious places and state-protected monuments and sites, and other issues will be considered after August 07, 2021, depending on the progress of caseload reduction.
- Other restrictions, such as the odd-even formula for vehicle plying, declaration of confinement zones, and exemptions notified in the order of July 27, 2021, will remain in effect, with the exception of those specifically adjusted by this order.