by NEWSNER , 2021-07-29 09:43:27
Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma, the Chief Minister of Assam, chaired the weekly Cabinet meeting on Wednesday at Janata Bhawan in Guwahati. The summit resulted in a number of significant decisions aimed at strengthening the state's police force. Following the cabinet meeting, Minister Pijush Hazarika made the announcements at a news conference.
During the meeting of the Assam Council of Ministers, the following decisions were made:
1. In Assam, five new police battalions would be built, employing 6,270 young people from the state.
2. A Police Commission will be formed in order to enhance the Assam Police Force.
3. Beginning September 1, Assam Police will fill 15,000 vacancies for a variety of positions.
4. The passport office has been combined with the Department of Homeland Security.
6. Winners of the National Games and Commonwealth Games would receive a monthly pension of Rs.10,000. So far, a list of 250 players has been compiled in this regard.
7. Winners of the Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, and Asian Games will be granted Grade-I jobs.
I. Newly formed Autonomous Councils' Chairman, Deputy Chairman, and Chief Executive Members will be eligible for the same benefits as their counterparts in existing Autonomous Councils.
II. Dr. PLN Raju, a retired director of NESAC, will be named as the Regional Space Application Centre's Special Secretary-cum-Director.
III. Sankardev Nethralaya's land premium has been waived.